View or adjust line item components in X1
The Components list organizes line items by equipment, materials, and labor.
To view line item components:
- Open an estimate.
- In the Estimate Items tab, select Components.
- In the Grouping pane, select a room. Line items for that room are displayed in the Components list pane.
To adjust the unit price of a component:
- After selecting a room, double-click a cell in the Equipment or Materials group. The Estimate item(s) using component dialog box will appear.
- Enter a new Component cost. Select OK.
To change the labor overhead cost of a component:
- After selecting a room, double-click a component in the Retail labor group. The Estimate item(s) using component dialog box will appear.
- Enter a new Labor overhead. Click OK.
To move a line item within a room:
- Select and hold the line item you want to move.
- Drag it where you want it moved and release it.
To move a line item to a different room:
- In the Estimate Items tab, select Items.
- Select the appropriate room from the Grouping pane.
- Cut (or copy) the line item you want to move by pressing Ctrl+X or by right-clicking the item and selecting Cut.
- Return to the Grouping pane and select the room to which you want to move the line item.
- In the Quick Entry pane, select an empty line and paste the line item by pressing Ctrl+V or by right-clicking and selecting Paste.