Modify the item unit price
To view the unit price modification options:
- On the Estimate Items tab, click Items.
- Select a line item below the Quick Entry pane.
- Click Unit Price tab to the right of the Quick Entry Pane.
To adjust the line item price settings:
- O&P: indicates if overhead and profit will be applied for this line item.
- Taxable: indicates if the line item is tax exempt.
- Contractor: indicates whether the homeowner or a contractor will be performing the labor.
- Line item: indicates whether the item is a line item or a credit. Credit item prices appear in red.
- Click the Replace Price Calculator icon to edit the unit price.
- Click the Info icon (to the right of the Calculator icon) to view the item activity information.
- In the Item Activity Information dialog box, edit the price calculations to account for market conditions or additional material costs.
- Click Details to view labor, equipment, and material details.
- To save the changes, click OK.The Unit Price now appears in green font to indicate that it was manually adjusted.
- Use the Trade list to select the default contractor type. For example, if a roofer is repairing a leaky roof, then patching some drywall, the calculations will be different than if a roofer repairs the roof and a drywall team does the patching.
- Select a Minimum Group for the labor minimum. To view labor minimum group descriptions, click the Labor Minimums tab under Estimate Items.