View or add notifications
The notification bell icon is located in the top right-hand corner of the project dashboard. Each time you receive a notification, a preview prompt appears and the icon is updated with the number of unread notifications.
- To view a notification, click on the preview box or the notification icon. This will open the notification panel.
- The notification panel displays the 25 most recent notifications. To view additional notifications, click Show More.
- To remove a single notification, click the X in the top right-hand corner.
- To remove all notifications, click Dismiss All.
- Click the filter to view a particular type of notification.
- To view all notifications, click History. The notifications are sorted by the month they were received.
Notifications are divided into six types:
- Xactware: official announcements from Xactware
- Project: related to specific assignments
- User: specific to the user
- Xactware ID: related to your Xactware ID
- Message: from administrators
- Update: related to new versions of Xactimate
Admins can search through sent notifications by entering terms in the Search bar on the top of the screen.
Admins can also send notifications:
- Click Add Notification(s) at the top of the page. When the panel appears, click the Recipients bar.
- Select All Users, User Groups, or Users with a License. If you select User Groups or Users with a License, choose a User Group or a license type.
- Enter notification text.
- Enter a URL or upload a document. Only one attachment can be added to a notification.
- Click Send.