- Open an estimate.
- Click Print in the top right corner. The Estimate Reports dialog box will appear.
- Under Estimate Reports, select Print Options.
- Select Variation in the Report drop down menu.
- Select View. The checkpoint item is listed first and the estimated item second.
- For each line item comparison, you will see:
- a ‘+’ to show that the checkpoint item is more expensive, or a ‘–‘ to show that the checkpoint item is less expensive.
- The price difference.
- The unit price difference, whether it be material, supplies, equipment, retail labor, or market conditions.