Create and add multiple users and licenses
Create multiple users
The Add Users functionality in XactAdmin allows administrators to create Xactware IDs (XIDs) and automatically add those XIDs to an Xactimate and XactContents online instance.
To use this tool, you need to fill out user information in a .csv template, which you will import to XactAdmin. You must include users' XIDs. If a user does not already have an XID, one is automatically created for them and added to your instance of Xactimate online. If an XID already exists for a user, it is added to the online instance. Please ensure that the license types assigned to users fall within the available licenses for the instance. If enough licenses are not available for the entered users the import will not be successful.
Download the template
- On the Users tab, select Upload CSV.
- Select Template.
The file will automatically download.
Fill out the user information
Some things to keep in mind as you fill out the spreadsheet:
- All columns except Code and Platform are required in order to create an XID and an Xactimate online user.
- You must enter a valid email address for the XID (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The password must contain at least eight characters, including at least one letter and one number (e.g., Password1).
- Enter the phone number without spaces or parenthesis.
- Separate security groups with a pipe.
- Leave the code blank. It will be auto-generated.
- Under License Type, enter one of these three options: Standard, Pro, or AdminOnly. If entering AdminOnly, do not include spaces. Casing does not matter. Be sure your instance has enough licenses of each type for the number of users you add.
- If you selected Standard as the license type in Platform, enter one of these three options: Online, Desktop, or Mobile. For all other license types, leave this field blank.
- If this user should have access to the XactContents module, enter Yes or No under XactContents.
Save the file as a .CSV
- Open the file.
- Select File.
- Select Save As.
- Choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Change Save As Type to CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Select Save.
Import the .CSV file
- On the Users tab in your instance, select Add User(s).
- Upload the .csv file by dragging and dropping the file or selecting the file from the computer.
- Navigate to and select the updated .csv file.
- Select Upload.
The users are then created and assigned to the licenses listed in the .csv.
To apply for a license, renew a license, or adjust your account in any way, please contact your Verisk representative.