What's new in the new Xactimate online
If an Xactimate release includes any major changes that affect your product experience, we highlight them here to provide you with updates. To view greater details on these changes (when necessary), select the article links included with each update.
For a complete list of changes, please see the release notes on the eService Center.
The new Xactimate online
A new way to manage projects
The Projects page displays a list of estimates associated with your instance. By default, these projects are organized in alphabetical order by name. If you'd prefer, you can arrange your projects by claim number, profile, owner, estimate total, or modified date. Simply click the corresponding column headers on the table to arrange your list.
Updated look and feel, same functionality.
Once you've opened a project in the new Xactimate online, you can get to work using the same Xactimate functionality you're used to, like using Sketch, adding line items, and uploading photos.
No migration necessary
The new version of Xactimate online uses the same instances we use today, so there's no need to migrate data, users, or projects.
The new Xactimate online Estimate Writer
As part of the new Xactimate online, we’ve created the Xactimate online Estimate Writer for Windows powered by Xactimate desktop code. The Xactimate online Estimate Writer is simple. You only need to install it once, and it’s self-updating, so you won’t need to worry about downloading new releases or program updates.
Configure security groups in Xactimate Admin
To keep your customer data and claim information secure, you need to control who has access to sensitive information. By creating security groups in Xactimate Admin, you decide what information users can see and edit, including proprietary company information, customer data, and other claim material.
Add security groups
- Login to Xactimate Admin.
- If you have more than one instance, select the instance you want to open.
- Click on the Security Groups tab.
- Click (+) Add Security Group, which is above the right of the table.
- A form appears on the right.
- Name the group.
- Add a description.
- Choose the access rights you want available to users in this group. You can assign an entire category by checking the corresponding box to the left, or click the dropdown arrow to the right of each row to view and select more specific options.
- Click Save.
Assign users to security groups
- In the Users tab, select a user from the table.
- A form asking for user information appears on the right of the screen.
- Scroll down to Security Groups and check boxes next to the groups you’d like to assign to the user. You can also deselect groups in this list to remove users from security groups.
- Your changes save automatically.
Edit and delete security groups
- Click on the Security Groups tab.
- Select a group from the table.
- A window with group information appears on the right.
- To change group information, make edits in the window as needed and click Save.
- To delete the group, hit the Delete Group button at the bottom of the page. When a Security Group is deleted, it is automatically unavailable to users who were assigned to it.
- Alternatively, you can delete a security group by hovering over the table and clicking the trash icon on the far-right side of the group’s row.
Log out time adjusted
For security, automatic logout time has been shortened to 30 minutes. As before, staying active in Xactimate online keeps your session active.
Increased recovery time frame
You can recover an estimate up to 90 days after it is deleted.
PDF mapping for FEMA flood reports
No matter which FEMA report version you're using, old or new, the information is mapped correctly within Xactimate online.
Preparing flood-loss claims for the United States' NFIP
Estimating and documenting National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) flood claims has never been easier than with Xactimate's flood estimation features.
Streamline flood claim estimating
Xactimate’s flood-loss estimating module can help save time, prevent and catch potential errors, and provide reports just the way flood estimators need them. Reports can even be combined into a single PDF file including forms, photos, and customized content.
- Save time. Redundant entry is eliminated and many tasks are now automated or entered with the help of features that help make estimating flood damage much faster than ever before.
- Prevent and catch potential errors. Xactimate automatically follows many U.S. flood-estimating standards and screens for potential issues.
- Provide reports just the way flood estimators need them. Reports can even be combined into a single PDF file including forms, photos, and customized content.
With Xactimate Flood-Loss Estimating
- Flood policy coverage, policy limits, and deductibles can now be sent with an assignment straight into Xactimate.
- Coverages, policy limits, and deductibles are automatically applied according to NFIP policy.
- Recoverable/non-recoverable depreciation defaults are automatically applied according to NFIP guidelines.
- Estimators sign forms electronically.
- Duplicate entry is eliminated.
- Settings and preferences can be set specifically for flood-loss estimates.
- Photos are much easier to add and merge with other food forms and reports.
- New advanced reporting tools make it much faster to build reports exactly the way estimators want them.
- Error-checking tools find potential errors and help easily correct them.
- Building valuations can be created from inside flood assignments with values automatically imported into Loss Recap and appropriate forms.
Some of the most tedious and error-prone tasks are now automatic
Flood policy coverages and their respective policy limits and deductibles are already set up and handled automatically. In most cases, NFIP guidelines for recoverable and non-recoverable depreciation are also applied automatically. Limits for detached garages are automatically set based on the policy and estimated damage is appropriately applied to the policy limit.
Available in Xactimate online and desktop
When you select a flood-loss project type in Xactimate desktop or online, the new flood-loss features are ready to help you compile a flood-loss estimate and complete the signed forms and documentation needed to correctly process the file.