Add a new group to an estimate in X1
When it is impractical or unnecessary to create a sketch, use the grouping pane to manage and add items to rooms, stairs, and other structures.
To add a new group to an estimate:
- Open an estimate.
- On the Estimate items tab, click Items.
- In the Grouping pane, click Add. The New group dialog box appears.
- Enter a name, and select a coverage.
- To add several rooms, select Continuous add.
- To add the room, click Append, Insert, or Attach.
- Append: Adds the room on the same level as the highlighted room; the room appears below the highlighted room.
- Insert: Adds the room on the same level as the highlighted room; the room appears above the highlighted room.
- Attach: Adds the room as a member of the highlighted group of rooms.