Add a new group to an estimate
When it is impractical or unnecessary to create a sketch, use the grouping pane to manage and add items to rooms, stairs, and other structures.
To add a new group to an estimate:
- Open an estimate.
- On the Estimate Items tab, click Items.
- In the Grouping pane, click Add. The New Group dialog box appears.
- Enter a name, and select a coverage.
- To add several rooms, select Continuous Add.
- To add the room, click Append, Insert, or Attach.
- Append:adds the room on the same level as the highlighted room; the room appears below the highlighted room.
- Insert: adds the room on the same level as the highlighted room; the room appears above the highlighted room.
- Attach: adds the room as a member of the highlighted group of rooms.