Calculate the square feet of waste
To find the waste percentage:
- Open an estimate.
- In the Search pane, search for and select your desired type of carpet.
- If the Search pane is not visible, click Options, then select the drop down arrow next to Visible Windows. Select Search and the Search pane will appear.
Click in each of the rooms on the sketch that need that type of carpet.
- In the bottom right corner, click the Show flooring cuts window button.
- The waste percentage is listed under the Quick Reference Material Summary section.
To calculate the square feet of waste:
Multiply the total square feet with the waste percentage, and then divide by 100. Use the formula (waste sq ft ÷ total sq ft) = (waste percentage ÷ 100).
- (waste sq ft÷1395.5)=(10.44%÷100)