Calculate the square feet of waste in X1
To find the waste percentage:
- Open an estimate.
- In the Search pane, search for and select your desired type of carpet.
- If the Search pane is not visible, click Options, then select the drop down arrow next to Visible Windows. Select Search and the Search pane will appear.
- Click in each of the rooms on the sketch that need that type of carpet.
- In the bottom right corner, click the Show flooring cuts window button.
- The waste percentage is listed under the Quick reference material summary section.
To calculate the square feet of waste:
- Multiply the total square feet with the waste percentage, and then divide by 100. Use the formula (waste sq ft ÷ total sq ft) = (waste percentage ÷ 100).
- (waste sq ft÷1395.5)=(10.44%÷100)