Before you begin creating estimates, you should consider which defaults you want applied. When you apply defaults, you save time by not having to repeatedly enter information that remains constant for most claims.
To access your preferences follow the steps below:
- On the Control Center tab, click Preferences.
- Select Profile from the Settings menu.
Use Zip / Postal Code Matching
- In the Price List group, select the Zip/Postal Code Matching option. XactContents automatically uses the zip/postal code listed in the claim information to choose a price list and tax jurisdiction.
Set a default price list
You do not need to set a default price list when estimating only personal property losses.
- In the Price List group, select the Default Price List option.
- Click the menu next to Price List.
- Select a previously downloaded price list.
You may also download a price list by clicking Request a price list at the bottom of the Select Price List dialog box.
Set a default tax jurisdiction
If you have set a default price list, you may set a default tax jurisdiction.
- Click the menu next to Tax Jurisdiction.
- Select the tax jurisdiction.
Apply a price list filter
You may apply a filter to limit the number of price list items returned in a search. This is useful when doing contents only estimating or if you specialize in only certain categories. You may either use an existing filter or create your own.
- Click the menu next to Price List Filter.
- Select the filter to apply.
To create your own filter, click Add.
Set default depreciation
In the Depreciation group, you can set the default for Recoverable or Non-recoverable depreciation, as well as the method for depreciating line items by default.
Set the depreciation to Recoverable or Non-recoverable. Depreciate by percent, amount, or age/condition (most commonly used).
Set default Overhead & Profit
In the Default Overhead & Profit group, you can set your Overhead & Profit (O&P) percentages and set them as cumulative. Overhead & Profit only applies to contents cleaning items.
Set administrative defaults
In the Administrative Defaults group, you can set your Company Header, Claim Rep, Reference, Contractor, and other settings.
- Company Header—A selected company header will automatically be added to the reports generated during the estimate process.
- Claim Rep—A selected claim representative will automatically be added to estimates.
- Reference—The contact information for a selected reference will automatically be added to estimates. A reference may be a contractor, a claim rep, or another person involved with the estimate who does not fill any previously defined role.
- Contractor—A selected contractor will automatically be added to estimates.
You may also choose from the following:
- Require a catastrophe code before the estimate can be completed.
- Include advance payments in printed reports.
- Preserve the item description when replacing the description while pricing.
- Display a prompt to pay the actual cost value (ACV) when completing the estimate without having to open Payment Tracker.
- Distribute the market conditions. Market conditions only apply to contents cleaning items.
- Automatically mark the on-site inspection as not performed
- Adjust the Autosave Interval Minutes to set how frequently XactContents automatically saves your work. Unless this setting is changed, the program will save every five minutes.
Tags are additional information stored in a line item.
- Added by
- Vendor name
- Employee Name
- Employee Number
Show Tags—When this is not selected, tags are disabled.
Add Tag—Add the tags that you want automatically applied to all your line items. For example, if more than one person worked on an estimate, an “Added by” tag would indicate which person added each line item. This could be useful information for a reviewer.
All preferences can be changed within the estimate. The purpose of setting preferences is to avoid repeatedly entering information that remains constant for most claims.
Select Additional Charges on the left side of the Preferences page. With this feature, you can add a flat fee to estimates. This is useful for permit charges or any recurring fees in your area of operation.
Select Loss on the left side of the Preferences page. You may set the Loss defaults to automatically add information to an estimate. Customers who use this feature frequently estimate losses in the same area and of the same type. This is also used in a large catastrophe where you are estimating a large number of losses of the same type that occurred on the same date.
The following defaults are available:
- Date of Loss
- Type of Loss
- Cause of Loss
- Cat Code
Select Model Statements on the left side of the Preferences page. You may add an opening or closing statement to estimates. These will appear on the title page and on the final section selected for printing.