View a structure’s variables in Estimate Items
Xactimate uses variables to represent different measurements. When you use variables, you don’t need to enter actual quantities for a specific price list item. If you resize a room in Sketch, Xactimate automatically adjusts the calculation for all the items entered in your estimate.
- Open an estimate.
- On the Estimate Items tab, select Items.
- If prompted, select a price list and tax jurisdiction.
- To view variable totals for a group, double-click a folder.
- To view variable totals for a specific structure, double-click a structure or room.
- On the Group Info dialog box, select the Variables tab.
Here are some of the more common variables used in Xactimate:
- C – Ceiling area
- F – Floor area
- W – wall area
- WC – wall and ceiling area
- SY – Square yards of floor
- PF – Perimeter of floor
- PC – Perimeter of ceiling
- LL – Long wall length
- SH – Short wall height
- HH – Tall wall height
- V – Volume
- EA – Each
- FLR_RMV – Area of flooring material removed.