Import a template
You or the insured can use the XactContents Excel spreadsheet template to record all lost or damaged contents items associated with the claim. This information can then be imported into an estimate.
Access the import template
- In the Project tab, select Tools.
- Select XactContents Import Template.
- Select OK.
- Specify a file save location, enter a file name, and select Save.
- Open the downloaded template.
- Enter the administrative information, including the insured’s name, adjuster’s name, claim number, policy number, state/province, and any other important information.
- Enter the list of lost personal property items along with the appropriate information.
To organize information by room, be sure to select the room name in the Room column. When XactContents imports the items, it automatically creates a group for each room with the items placed accordingly. At the very least, make sure an item description is entered for each item.
Save your changes after you have finished entering the appropriate information.
Import into your estimate
- In the XactContents tab, select the Import from Excel button () in the toolbar.
- Select Highlight imported items as unpriced if applicable. Select Only items over amount to highlight only items over a specific amount.
- Select Choose File.
- Browse to the file with the saved information and select Open.
- Select Import.
After importing an inventory from Excel, please note the following:
- If you grouped your items by room, the rooms will automatically be created for you.
- If you included a dollar value in the Cost to Replace Pre-Tax (each) column, the value is shown in both the Reported Cost and Unit Price columns.