Import a template
You or the insured can use the XactContents Excel spreadsheet template to record all lost or damaged contents items associated with the claim. This information can then be imported into an estimate.
Access the import template
- On the Project tab, click Tools.
- Click XactContents Import Template.
- Click OK.
- Specify a file save location, enter a file name, and click Save.
- Open the downloaded XactContents Import Template.
- Enter the administrative information including the insured’s name, adjuster’s name, claim number, policy number, state/province, and any other important information.
- Enter the list of lost personal property items, along with the appropriate information.
This workflow is most efficient if the spreadsheet is sent to the insured to enter their inventory directly.
To organize information by room, be sure to enter the room name in the Room column. When the items are imported, XactContents automatically creates a group for each room with the items placed accordingly. At the very least, make sure an item description is entered for each item.
Save your changes after you have finished entering the appropriate information.
Import into your estimate
- On the XactContents tab, click Import from Excel on the toolbar.
- Select the Highlight imported items as unpriced check box if applicable. Then select the Only items over amount check box to highlight only items over a specific amount.
- Click Choose File.
- Browse to the file with the saved information, make sure it isn't currently open in Excel, and click Open.
- Click Import.
After importing an inventory from Excel, please note the following:
- If you grouped your items by room, the rooms will automatically be created for you.
- If you included a dollar value in the “Cost to Replace Pre-Tax (each)” column, the value is shown in both the “Reported Cost”and "Unit Price" columns.