Using Multiple Object Recognition to add contents via camera
Accessing object recognition
The following devices work best for object recognition (if you use a device other than those listed, you will be notified of its reduced quality and performance):
- iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X or newer
- iPad Pro (11-inch): any generation
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch): 3rd generation or newer
- iPad Air: 3rd generation or newer
- iPad Mini: 5th generation or newer
- iPad: 8th generation or newer
To access Object Recognition in your project, navigate to Estimate in the left menu (or XactContents). Under List View, select Start Estimate. In XactContents instances, XactContents opens directly to the list view.
Select the appropriate folder to open the contents search screen (on smaller screens, you may need to make your selection and then tap Add > Items).
In the list item window, select Contents at the bottom to open the Contents Search.
Select Object Recognition to open the tool. If it is your first time using it, a screen appears to inform you that you must give Xactimate access to the camera.
Note: You can also open your sketch and select the inventory icon () in the top right, then navigate to Contents > Object Recognition from within that window.
If, while using object recognition, you need a reminder of the instructions to follow, select the help icon ()at the top right of the screen.
Multiple Object Recognition
With the tool open, angle the device so the objects are framed within the camera viewer. A rectangular outline appears around objects when object recognition occurs. With at least one object recognized (even if the labels are incorrect), choose an action in the bottom sheet, either Clean or Replace, and then tap Capture and Review to proceed to the Object Review window.
This screen provides an entry for each item recognized as well as a list of line items that potentially match it. You have a few options to proceed from here:
- If the recognized object is incorrect, select the edit icon to open the Edit Object Name window. In this window, select the Object Name field and enter a new name to match the item in the image you captured. Select Submit to return to the Object Recognized window, and new results appear to reflect the name change. The information is also submitted to Xactware so that results can improve over time.
- Select the carrot collapse or expand the list of line items for the associated object.
- If you need to change the action, select either Clean or Replace. Replace populates the list with replacement items; clean populates the list with tasks/equipment.
- When you find the correct item in the item list, tap Select in the item row to mark it for adding to the estimate.
- If an appropriate line item does not appear, select Create Custom Item at the bottom of the list to create your own line item in the Custom Item window. (If Create Custom Item does not appear, select View More, which provides more item options as well as the Create Custom Item option.) Here, you can edit the description, price, notes, etc. Once you have created an item to your satisfaction, tap Select to prepare it for adding to the estimate.
- Once you have selected all the items that should be represented in the image you took, tap Add to officially add them all to your estimate. You can choose not to add a line item for any number of the recognized objects, but you will receive a reminder prompt before you can continue.