Add construction line items
Sketch includes several macros that make adding construction line items to the estimate quick and easy.
To add construction:
- Open an estimate.
- On the Sketch tab, double-click a structure, such as a room or a roof, to open the Properties dialog box.
- Under Construction, select a construction option. Available options vary by structure and preferences.
- Floor: none, framed, or concrete
- Footing: none, yes
- Wall: none, framed, concrete, CMU
- Roof: none, stick, truss
- Roof wall: none, framed
- Staircase framing: none, framed
- Deck: none, framed
- Deck footing/post: none, framed
- Railing: none, yes
- Fence Construction: none, construction
- Once you set your options, other groups may appear, allowing you to fine-tune the construction settings. For example, if you select concrete for floor construction, a concrete group appears below, allowing you to indicate slab thickness and whether or not the slab is reinforced.
- Click anywhere in the sketch workspace to save you changes.
- Construction line items will be added to the estimate.