Add construction line items in X1
Sketch includes several macros that make adding construction line items to the estimate quick and easy.
To add construction:
- Open an estimate.
- On the Sketch tab, double-click a structure, such as a room or a roof, to open the Properties dialog box.
- Under Construction, select a construction option. Available options vary by structure and preferences.
- Floor: None, framed, or concrete
- Footing: None, yes
- Wall: None, framed, concrete, CMU
- Roof: None, stick, truss
- Roof wall: None, framed
- Staircase framing: None, framed
- Deck: None, framed
- Deck footing/post: None, framed
- Railing: None, yes
- Fence Construction: None, construction
- Once you set your options, other groups may appear, allowing you to fine-tune the construction settings. For example, if you select concrete for floor construction, a concrete group appears below, allowing you to indicate slab thickness and whether or not the slab is reinforced.
- Click anywhere in the Sketch workspace to save you changes.
- Construction line items will be added to the estimate.