Use a DISTO measuring device
You can use DISTO with SketchCam to make capturing the dimensions of a room even easier. Rather than manually approximating the room in Sketch and then using DISTO to refine, use SketchCam to create your digital blueprint first:
- Open your project in Xactimate mobile and go to Sketch.
- On the top right of Sketch, tap. The room list appears.
- Tap SketchCam.
- Use SketchCam to mark the corners of the room. (Use the corner guides to help you mark obscured or inaccessible corners.)
- Tap the check mark to accept your new SketchCam blueprint.
- In Sketch, tap the wall you want to adjust.
- Tap the laser icon at the base of the screen.
- Tap the end of the wall you want to adjust.