The new Xactimate online Estimate Writer
As part of our update to Xactimate online, we’ve created the new Online Estimate Writer for Windows powered by Xactimate desktop code. The Online Estimate Writer is simple. You only need to install it once, and it’s self-updating, so you won’t need to worry about manually downloading new releases or program updates.
To use our estimate writer, you need to install the Xactware ClickOnce extension in your browser. If you do not have rights to install extensions, you may need to contact your system administrator.
Once you have the extension ready, you can open projects in Xactimate online via the project list. To do this, double click a project or highlight it and select Open from the action bar.
The first time you open a project in the new Xactimate online, you’re prompted to install Xactimate online Estimate Writer. When installation is complete, your project opens as a Windows application you can see on your windows taskbar.
When you finish working, simply save and exit or mark the project complete. Your work automatically saves to Xactimate online.
The Xactware ClickOnce extension is also available in Chrome.
- Click the icon with three dots.
- Select More Tools.
- Click Extensions.
- On the upper-left corner of the screen, click the icon with three lines.
- Click Open Chrome Web Store at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Search for “ClickOnce.”
- Install the Xactware ClickOnce Extension.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- A popup asking for confirmation appears. Click Add extension to continue.
- ClickOnce downloads and a page with specific installation instructions appears. Follow the instructions to complete installation.
- Restart your browser.
- Open Microsoft Edge and click the three dots in the upper right. Select Extensions.
- Select Get Extensions for Microsoft Edge.
- Search for Xactware ClickOnce in the search field at the top left of the page.
- Select Xactware ClickOnce from the search results.
- Select Get.
- A popup appears asking if you want to install the Xactware ClickOnce add-on. Select Add extensions and follow the installation instructions.
This extension is also available in Firefox.
- Click on the button with three lines
- Select Options.
- Click Extensions & Themes in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Enter “ClickOnce” in the Find more add-ons field.
- Choose Xactware ClickOnce
- Click the + Add to Firefox button.
- A popup appears asking you to grant the extension certain permissions. Click Add.
- A dialog box appears asking if you would like to save the extension file. Click Save File.